Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Spaghetti squash and a recipe rant!



Spaghetti Squash with a fresh veggie sauce:
1 Spaghetti squash cut in half lengthwise
drizzle coconut oil all over the face of the squash
dice 2 cloves of garlic sprinkle it over the spaghetti sqush add spices and
put in oven at 350 for 45 minutes (face up)
leave in a cool place for 20 minutes (not fridge)
use fork to get out the "spaghetti"

Veggie Sauce stove top:
Coconut oil
1 Onion
2 Garlic cloves 
1-2 cups of Tomatoes (I used the cherry tomatos cut in halves- because I do not want the sauce to be watery... a thick sauce is key to this recipe)
1 bunch of Parsley
Dried basil
Dried parsley
Black pepper

Sautéed onions and garlic in coconut oil when browned add tomatoes and parsley and spices... let it sit for about 5 minutes on low heat. Then add it to the spaghetti squash and serve! 

Now most of my meals are raw, but if I am going to blog about healthy food I will not be posting my salad everyday because frankly it is the same salad with similar vegetables most of the time. I possibly will do a post on salad though in the future and talk about colors and get a bit of nutrition facts in there, possibly some dressing recipes. But for now I think that I will be writing about healthier alternative meals whether is be cooked or raw (I hope that does not turn anyone off.) I just look at the recipes called "healthy" online and I am astonished at what people consider healthy. Mostly I need to just take a "healthy" recipe and revamp it to make it actually healthy. It is pretty difficult to find a gluten free, soy free, dairy free, egg free meal that is not laced with processed shitty margine alternatives, flour alternatives and soy alternatives, always I will find recipes that are "healthy" and they cook with olive oil- ugh toxic! All I want is simple whole foods recipes and since that is a mission to find- I am here to provide some.

Keep it healthy :)
-REL

No comments:

Post a Comment