Monday, April 25, 2011

Sprouting :)

Tomorrow I am finishing a 10-day detox (I will post more about it in the future.)
But after cleaning out the toxins from my body (and life) I have decided to take up something that I have been planning to start for a while... SPROUTING!
I am uber excited about my sprouts!
I went to like the 5nis (1 dollar) store and bought some glass jars, and got a nut milk bag for cheap too. Tonight I started sprouting: Mung Beans, Buckwheat, Lentils, and Sunflower seeds.
So I just youtubed how to sprout and it's pretty simple.
1. Rinse seeds
2. Soak in water that covers seeds and like 2 inches above the seeds
3. Mung beans, lentils, and sunflower seeds let soak over night 8-12
4. Rinse every 4 hours for mung beans and sunflower seeds, lentil I did in a nut milk bag think and rinse every 12 hours the video says (I am sure there are tons of techniques.
5. They will be sprouted
6. You probably should just youtube this all!
7. Buckwheats different but I am too lazy to blog about it! So check out Youtube my friends!

Yum healthy food! I have no idea what I am going to use my sprouts for but I have sometime to decide.
But I still have tomorrow of detoxing so no food recipes to share :(
Also Sproutpeople.org is a good site for information, go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment